AT A GLANCE
- Classrooms: White Door and Gold Door
- Ages: 18 months to 3 years of age.
- Teacher - student ratio: 1 teacher for each 6 children.
- Hours: Half-day (8:45 to 12:00); full-day (8:45 to 2:30), or extended day (8:45 to 5:30; limited availability).
GOALS OF THE PRE-PRIMARY PROGRAM
- We provide an atmosphere of special understanding, support and respect of individual differences.
- A safe, caring environment that encourages intellectual, social, physical, creative and moral development, preparing very young children for academic excellence and confident life-long learning and responsible lives.
- A teaching philosophy which recognizes that children are naturally curious and wish to experiment, explore and make sense of the world around them.
- The opportunity for children to work together to develop self confidence in a tender
- How to learn
- Skills to prepare them for promotion into a larger mixed-age group such as our Primary Program
- Montessori Center School Pre-Primary Program
WHAT ACTIVITIES DO TODDLERS PARTICIPATE IN?
- Working with Montessori materials (language, math, cultural, movement)
- Physical/Playground development activities
- Group learning
- Practical skills such as table setting
- Toilet training
- Library time
- Spanish Language
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE TODDLER PROGRAM
- Free choice/play outside
- Morning group snack
- Montessori Lessons
- Mid-day dismissal
- Full-day dismissal
- Extended day dismissal
* Specialist schedule varies by classroom.