Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Serves as the fundraising director for the school who is responsible for planning, implementing and managing short-range and long-range fundraising programs necessary for the school to accomplish its mission and fundraising goals; tasks include leading the annual giving drive (Fund for MCS). Jog-a-thon, capital campaigns, and other fundraising events. Cultivating a strong donor base, donor recognition and donor relationship building are expected. The ability to gather and analyze data in relation to fundraising is crucial. This person also serves as the liaison between the school and the parent association (MPO), partnering with them to organize the annual auction gala, Harvest Picnic and other MPO events. Serves as the leader of alumni group, organizing events, building and maintaining a database of alumni and interfacing with alumni. The Director of Development will join a small professional team that works collaboratively and is dedicated to maintaining the school’s well-established reputation of providing a quality Montessori education. The selected candidate will find in place a strong foundation and supportive atmosphere for his/her contributions to the advancement of the School’s institutional identity. Salary commensurate with experience. For more information about the school please visit our website www.mcssb.org.
- Responsible for the success of the school’s annual fund including design and implementation of annual fund appeals, recruiting and training of volunteers, research and solicitation of donors, maintaining donor database and gift recognition.
- Meet fundraising goal of $300,00 – $400,000 per year.
- Advise and meet regularly with the Head of School, Development Committee and related persons/committees.
- Implement and carry out strategic planning goals related to the development department.
- Personally solicit prospects for financial support and assist volunteers in doing likewise.
- Work as a liaison between the parent organization (MPO) and the school to plan community events throughout the year. Strong interpersonal and volunteer management skills are crucial to the success in this position.
- Work in conjunction with the parent organization to plan the school’s auction, the largest fundraising event of the year. Coordinate multiple vendors and volunteer committees, secure live and silent auction items, develop auction marketing materials including the auction catalog, manage event database and online auction site. Budget management is essential to the success of this event.
- Create and publish the school’s Annual Report and other development-related print materials.
- Build and develop the school’s Alumni group, organizing events, gathering feedback and other data to utilize the alumni effectively within the school.
The successful candidate will thrive with the opportunities that working in a small, flexible organization bring. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, development/fundraising experience, volunteer management experience and strong computer skills are a must to succeed in this job. Experience with a variety of software applications related to fundraising such as Raiser’s Edge, and record management such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, are desired. Previous experience working in a school setting is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in fundraising
- Strong computer skills
- 2-3 years event management experience
Application Deadline is October 10, 2019.
Montessori Center School is an Equal Opportunity Employer licensed by the DSS (Lic#426205239). This position requires a criminal record background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Group Medical Insurance (free for employee/ dependents at cost)
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Contribution (after 2 years of service)
- 15 Days Paid Vacation
- 11 Days Paid Health-Related Leave
- 15 Paid Holidays
- Professional Development (upon approval of Head of School)
MCS is seeking a part-time childcare worker who will work in several functional areas. including pre-school children’s lunch, playground, nap room and afterschool care. Responsibilities include assisting with lunch and naptime, monitoring the playground and working in the afterschool care program.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, flexible and dedicated team player who is patient and caring and possesses a positive attitude, nurturing personality, and loves working with children. This individual must be able to effectively supervise children in safe learning/play activities and facilitate the development of social skills. Previous relevant experience is preferred.
Hours: Monday –Friday from 11:30 am -2:00 pm. Salary: $16 per hour. Status: Non-exempt
Job Requirements: 12 core ECE units required. Must pass a criminal background clearance and meet immunization requirements for childcare workers.
To apply or for more information, please email Melanie Newhouse with your resume, cover letter and transcripts at email@example.com
Montessori Center School is hiring great substitute teachers. Minimum of 12 ECE units required for pre-school substitute teachers. Teaching experience is preferred. Substitutes must pass a criminal background check.
Montessori Center School is always looking for exceptional people to join our staff. We invite Montessori trained teachers to submit their resumes at any time for consideration as head teacher openings occur. We have multiple classrooms at each level: IT, EC, E1 & E2. Please contact Melanie Newhouse regarding what specific openings may be available.
Benefits: Great work environment (peers, program support, facilities, locale); competitive salary based on education and experience; exceptional benefits (100% medical and life insurance, dental insurance option, up to 8% retirement, 6 weeks paid vacation in 9.5 month school year plus medical and personal leave, tuition remission and free childcare, continuing education and training funds, FLEX accounts, options for summer employment, and more)
Montessori Center School is an equal opportunity employer.
Melanie Newhouse, Associate Administrator
(805) 683-9383 ext. 109